Friday, September 24, 2010

Why haven't I heard about this before now?*

So this short** video and this one moved me. A lot. And made me think. A day after I first saw these videos, I am still feeling this way.*** Check them out and then come back and let me know what you think.

PPS. Here is an article on girleffect.The videos are design genius. This article talks about why they are so effective.

*This article is where I heard about it.
**As in, only about 2 minutes.
***I have been thinking about the power of one person, and specifically the power of one woman and the effect one individual can have on the world. I mean, impacting ONE person's life IS do-able. Working towards human right and social change on a international scale is a huge, overwhelming task, often slowed down by systems and large organizations. But helping one person so that one person's life is changed? Yeah, that is do-able. And if lots of people help different individuals? Well....then maybe some lasting positive change would occur in the world.

1 comment:

  1. I don't have sound at work but I will check them out at home and get back to you.

    And if I forget.. come yell at me over at my blog and tell me I said I would.

    ReplyDelete